6.1 speaker setup (on a budget) please help

Bojanglez

Hi I have a Sony STR-DG710 Amp, hooked up to my PS3 for Games, Blu-Rays and DVDs. I currently have some old Hitachi speakers (15 Watt, 8ohm) hooked up to it and no Sub, which don't sound that great. My living room is not that big, and I live in a flat so don't need anything too powerful or I will ****-off the neighbours.

I want to get all the speakers and sub for around £200 or less, I know a lot of people probably spend that (or more) on one speaker, but any advice on budget solutions would be much appreciated.

I have seen the Sony SSP88 on the Richer Sounds site (http://www.richersounds.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-SSP88) are they any good? I like the look of them, but have no idea what the sound quality will be like which is the important thing, so if anyone has had any experience with them then please let me know.

ittim

richer sounds are doing the kef kht 1005 for £199 in store. i'm waiting on a delivery of them for myself. I think they come well recomended

Bojanglez

richer sounds are doing the kef kht 1005 for £199 in store. i'm waiting on a delivery of them for myself. I think they come well recomended

Problem is I don't think they will look right with all my other equipment, or my room. If they came in black then I would be in business. I should have mentioned that in the OP. But thanks for the suggestion, are these significantly better than the Sony ones?

ittim

apparently they do come in black. (infact i'd prefer black too) other wise the Jamo A102 seems to be very popular, looks pretty good too.

MarkB

Ebay is a good place to look if you dont mind second hand - you can sometimes get a good deal and get speakers worth more than you pay. Found these Yamahas, which are new.

Bojanglez

apparently they do come in black. (infact i'd prefer black too) other wise the Jamo A102 seems to be very popular, looks pretty good too.

Just seen a picture of them and black and they look awesome, just have to find someone that stocks them at a reasonable price now.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom