6.1 Speaker sets

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mossmanfly, Nov 2, 2005.

1. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Looking at getting a 6.1 speaker set as I am considering buying a new surround sound system to replace my cheap setup at home. Looking at getting the Yamaha RXV557 amp and getting a 6.1 speaker set to go in my bedroom. All the sets of speakers I have seen are 5.1, would it be better to plump for one of these sets and add another speaker? Or try and find a 6.1 set? Or get it all seperate? Really dont want to spend more than £400-450 on the whole setup including amp, as its only a bedroom so doesnt need lots of power.

Was also thinking of the Yamaha AV57 system which is the Yamaha RXV357 AMP and NSP110 speakers as thats £160 for the lot, which I think would be fine. I would like 6.1 though and the Yamaha RXV557 has more optical inputs to put DVD player, XBox 360, PS3 etc connected all at once. Plus I think the extra speaker will give better sound.

Can anyone suggest a 6.1 speaker set or whether its best to get seperate speakers?

2. dalespitfire

dalespitfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi mate :hiya:

Flagrant advertising but you can see my add for the Denon amp and Mordaunt Short Premiere Speakers in the For Sale section if you like!!

Should suit you down to the ground :smashin: