1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6.1 advice.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Les E, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I currently have the KEF eggs set-up as a 5.1 system, but I will be setting up a dedicated room next year and I am thinking of expanding to 6.1 as my amp has the facility.

However I have had different advice of how to set-up the 6.1 and whether to use 1 or 2 additional speaker(s) for the centre rear.

Has anyone got a definate answer to this? Will there be enough information for 2 mid-rear speakers?

My room won't be that big (11ft by 8ft) plus there will be a door to the rear left of the room.

Any thoughts anyone?

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    In an ideal world, 2 additional rear speakers would be best. But depending on your room setup even an additional rear would make a difference. It all depends on how much room you have!

I know my better half wouldn't let me have 2 additional boxes in the room :laugh:

3. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Since there are no 7.1 (REAL) sources (and very very few 6.1), one additional center rear will do the trick!

It's only when the room layout is very wide that 2 center rears might (just might) make sense!

4. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Im nust setting up a 6.1 with one rear now, will let you know what sounds like tomorrow hopefully if amp arrives. should have been here today but waited in all day and wasted my time, dont you just love slack companys who cant keep to what they say when they take money off you

5. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the advice...I had a feeling 2 centre rears was a bit extreme but just wanted to check it out with you guys.

I look forward to hearing your opinion when you're set-up Gooner. And no, you can't trust the buggers to deliver on time...I waited in for 3 deliveries of the same TV and they tell you it's not in stock on the morning you've taken the whole day for!!! I ended picking the TV up myself! :suicide: