1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6.1 & 2011 setup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Supernosh, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Supernosh

Supernosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I have just bought a Pioneer VSX-2011 so I could have access to 6.1. I bought another VM1 and placed it in the center behind me.

On the amps setting I have set it so that the rear speakers are always used.

My question is this:

I really cant hear a lot coming out of the extra speaker and from what I can gather adding the extra speaker and upgrading to 6.1 should have made a massive difference?? On one film I hear something and it made me jump out of the chair but that was a couple of seconds out of thw whole film??

Anyone got any ideas.

Cheers!

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use two rear speakers running from my 2011, they're basically there to provide a more convincing rear soundstage (especially if you're using direct radiating speakers).

Sounds to me like you've got things set up correctly, other than in some specifically create DD EX and DTS ES soundtracks, the rear centres shouldn't really 'stand out' as such.

The 2011 should have set them up correctly for you, assuming you ran the MCACC, so I wouldn't worry too much - although you can manually raise their volume if you really feel the need.

3. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I use the 2011 with just a single rear speaker...the centre rear shouldn't really be "in your face obvious" but that said i quite quickly notice the centre rear if say i accidentally leave it on after using an unflagged DDEx disc.
    You could always try Neo:6 too... where i find the centre rear becomes a little to noticeable for comfort.