5yr warranty in May on Pannys

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by stanleyntl, May 6, 2007.

1. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Independent Panny dealers can offer 5yrs warranty during May on most models, courtesy of a special offer from Panasonic.

See Panny Link.

Don't go crawling to JL this month!:D

2. Fella55

Fella55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Yeah, I spotted this too. Good on Panasonic for offering this, although it smacks of Marketing! Still, anything that benefits the customer is fine by me!

Was looking for a 26" LCD (yes I know, boo, hiss etc :smashin: ) for the bedroom and this has swayed me towards the Panny. Timing for me couldn't have been better!

3. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    pity you have to get the offer in store only. all the independent dealers with good prices are nowhere near me:mad:

anybody know if the [email protected] do any form of price match? i see there is one of these not too far from my work but they don't seem to have a website and i expect their price will be higher than most of the independent dealers on the web.
    would like to just order off the web and have it delivered but then i can't get the warranty offer:thumbsdow

4. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    That's because Panny are using it as a support mechanism for their bricks & mortar retail channel. Can't have it both ways (unless you go through the JL price match incantations)

5. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    its just that being in glasgow there isn't a lot of choice for panny retailers that offer competitive prices.
    appears to be quite a few retailers down south offering the web price of about £860 and up but with the ability to go into the store to purchase so you get the 5 year warranty. best of both worlds there with great price and the warranty.
    in glasgow the panny retailers are all over £1000:eek:
    maybe need to try and get into john lewis glasgow and see about a price match. i'm sure richer sounds have the 42px70PED as an instore offer only so expect john lewis should match them

6. unclepabs

unclepabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. suniks

suniks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't know if [email protected] do a price match, but you could do what I did. Find the email addresses of the authorised panny dealers near you, and ask if they'll price match. I got a discount of around £150 from Lakes in Bracknell, off a 50PX70 & a tech-link stand, plus the 5 year warranty :) . Only worked out around £50 dearer than the cheapest online price, which was worth it for the warranty. Delivering within 2 days too :thumbsup:

8. unclepabs

unclepabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks suniks, i've emailed my nearest dealer with the question. what's also with the empire deal is that they're offering a buy now pay in 9mths time option with no deposit & interest free "pay it off in one go" when the time comes option. I'll see what the dealer comes back with first of course. Are you happy with your set btw? Many thanks