5x Dvd-ram

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sweat100, Sep 13, 2004.

1. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just want to ask around has anyone got hold of it? Wanted to use it on my 4120B. In Singapore, I am still not able to get it at all. I am not so fimilar with the online shops. Can give some links where i can buy online at a low price and ship to Singapore?
    Btw, is there any difference between Panasonic and Maxell DVD-RAM? I saw from the cover that Panny ones are made in Japan, but not so sure abt Maxell because it is not stated. Can anyone confirm this?
    So far i only know Maxell are the only one that has 5x RAM, does Panny has?

2. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just want to add some more questions. I see that there are those 2.8Gb DVD-RAM disc. Are they the same as the 4.7Gb? Is it some old technology or what? Can i use it on Panny recorders and 4120B?

3. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use 4.7gb on my Panasonic recorder. As for the make of the media, I use a mixture of Panasonic and Smart Buy as the latter is only £1.99.

Regards

Dude

4. Zedmeister

Zedmeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm using RiDisc DVD-RAM on my E-55 and on the LG 4120. Its cheap at £1.50 each but is only 2x. Haven't seen any 5x. If you can get Maxell 5x, just buy one and try it - I'm sure you will have no problems with it in either the Panny or your burner - of course there will be no speed advantage in using it with the Panny. 2.8Gb disks are the smaller 8cm ones I think for camcorders.

5. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I see, i wanted to buy and try but i just cant find it in any shops online also. Had anyone tried it? As for the 2.8gb, what i saw is the big one. cos they sell 5.6gb also double sided. For those small disc, 2.8gb is already double sided.