5m hdmi cables

mikee66

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just planning to install my new vt65 to my wall and i'm going to require 3x5m hdmi cables.

I have been using audioquest pearl but the cost is adding up quickly with runs this length.

Does anyone have any experience of the Lindy Cromo range as they say it's as good as the audioquest range?

Or if anyone has any alternative suggestions?

I've also placed a wanted add in the for sale section too.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks very much mate :)

Yeah, just buy the cheapest crap you can find, it's all the same. 0's and 1's. Makes no difference at all.

:facepalm:

Yeah, just buy the cheapest crap you can find, it's all the same. 0's and 1's. Makes no difference at all.

:facepalm:

What TheBlueFalcon said – unless he/she disagree’ s :D

Go on then care to explain how a cable will make any difference – it’s not just 0’s and 1’s it’s 0’s and 1’s in a highly encrypted data stream and no cable can have an effect on the signal other than not being able to pass the signal!

Joe

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
‘Damn, really? I wish you had warned me before I bought 2 of them.’ – at least you’ll know for next time! :rotfl:

Joe

The worst part is, I bought one a year ago and then I made the mistake of buying another one last week. How can I be so stupid - to buy one, live with it for so long, then be misled into buying another one. I completely put aside my thoughts on the product and totally fell for the marketing. I feel so used. Like I've been taken advantage of. I'm going to sue. :rolleyes:

I don't see you as a Sue. A Mary, possibly.

I couldn't possibly say what I see you as. (It's a public forum and such terms get people banned)

'I'm going to Sue' - who are you going after the Manufacturer or the retailer. Come to AVF 'before' you make your next purchase, folk will remind you not to make the same mistake a third time!

Joe

I think it must be the "directional nature of the cable" on the AudioQuest HDMI cables that must make the difference . I would certainly pay the price of small car for two of these and possibly sell a least one of my daughters to buy one. The none directional £7 cable I used to use cant be any good as doesn't have diamond in the name, or use FOAMED-POLYETHYLENE INSULATION and who can live without a CARBON-BASED 3-LAYER NOISE-DISSIPATION SYSTEM (NDS).

.... or just buy a £7 cable and not notice any difference whatsoever

Oh wow. They've got little arrows on them. Thanks. I didn't see them before. I need to go and check if I plugged them all in the right way. I wondered why all my movies were starting with the end credits.

I had Scottish Power plug one in at the local sub station - upgraded the whole village for the price of a single cable,

Joe

I did but had a US power plug so had to chop it off and replace with £1 Poundland plug, and I think that may have affected the Counter-Spiral Geometry.

So you are both just mocking something that you have never actually tried for yourselves?

More than just both of us, anyone who knows anything about HDMI cables is mocking them.

Still waiting to hear how those fancy HDMI cables work

Joe

PA Power Cords - I'm good, all my kit was treated with PWB near 30 years ago, no power problems around here.

You clearly don't need anyone to tell you how HDMI cables work, as you clearly already have your opinion on the matter and nothing or no one is allowed to suggest anything that disagrees with you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom