5m digital or analogue coaxial cable

daftpunk1

I need 5m of coax to connect my tv to the wall socket. Now I usually use the normal analogue coax but will buying digital coax give me a better picture.

Also I was told there are better quality f connectors for coax ends than the older style ones, can someone advise what ones these better quality ones are.

Also is it male or female connectors I need or one of each??

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Now I usually use the normal analogue coax but will buying digital coax give me a better picture

Coaxial cable is just that...cable. There isn't such a thing as analogue or digital cable.
I suspect you're getting mixed up with the quality of the construction and type of screening/insulation. A good rule of thumb is the thicker the better.

Also is it male or female connectors I need or one of each??

Terrestrial TV wallplate connectors are usually "Belling Lee" coax type and can be male (plug) or female (socket) not F connectors...these are usually used for Satellite connections but are also used on some aerial amps and splitters.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I'd go with the 1st connectors as they have the traditional screen clamp claw which will grip better.
Forget about the "gold" plugs.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom