5DMKIII price drop

PRESSTOG

Well-known Member
Yep and if you are prepared to live with a Grey Import these have dropped to around £1999/£2100 in the UK so no problems with Tax/Duty having one come from Hong Kong,

Hopefully the UK ones will get to £2500 before Christmas.
 

shotokan101

Banned
Mike.P®;17286622 said:
Must admit my price point was 2k for a UK model but I'm sorely tempted to go grey.

...then I suppose that would be "Prematurely Grey" :facepalm: :D
 

mucca_D

Well-known Member
Mike.P®;17286622 said:
Must admit my price point was 2k for a UK model but I'm sorely tempted to go grey.


Why not, everyone seems to be going grey currently. Well all the woman anyhow:D
 

cabanatuan

Banned
Mike.P®;17286622 said:
Must admit my price point was 2k for a UK model but I'm sorely tempted to go grey.
u can go grey and be able to spend for one or two major defect repairs that could occur during the first year or so and still would have spent less then 3k!

if u buy from digitel rev for an extra £250(2.25k) u get 1 year warranty with them!

incidentally u can get the mk3 with kit lens from then for 2.7k!!!:eek::eek::eek:

where's my credit card :p
 
D

Deleted member 27989

Guest
I'm surprised that it is dropping in value so quickly following the launch? Wonder what is behind it? For £2K that is a hell of a camera...
 

=adrian=

Member
dejongj said:
I'm surprised that it is dropping in value so quickly following the launch? Wonder what is behind it? For £2K that is a hell of a camera...

The UK price is still 2700-2800. Its just grey's that are close to 2k.

Ill wait another year or so. My mk2 still works fine
 
D

Deleted member 27989

Guest
The UK price is still 2700-2800. Its just grey's that are close to 2k.

Ill wait another year or so. My mk2 still works fine

I know, however if anything the pound has devalued by about 7% over the last 90 days. So in theory the grey import prices should have gone up, not down...Someone is maintaining very healthy margins in the UK....

If I was after a Canon, I most definitely buy this grey and just get a Mac warranty on it...
 
D

Deleted member 27989

Guest

Attachments

  • iphone-flasher-apple-store.jpg
    iphone-flasher-apple-store.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 147

shotokan101

Banned
LOL - I prefer Burger King myself ;)
 

cabanatuan

Banned
The UK price is still 2700-2800. Its just grey's that are close to 2k.

Ill wait another year or so. My mk2 still works fine

wait for what? its 2k now and with extended 3 year warranty from mack, its stil a cracking deal.

there is absolutely no negative reason in not buying a grey import so if your budget was 2k then you can happily bite now and get one.

i tell u now, if i had 2k on me i would buy it now. no ifs or buts. unfortunatly i will have to save a bit before i reach that mark but its great to see that is now down to 2k mate for such an awsome camera!

Your going to wait a very long time if u want it to down same price as a mk2
 
Last edited:

=adrian=

Member
jonneymendoza said:
wait for what? its 2k now and with extended 3 year warranty from mack, its stil a cracking deal.

there is absolutely no negative reason in not buying a grey import so if your budget was 2k then you can happily bite now and get one.

i tell u now, if i had 2k on me i would buy it now. no ifs or buts. unfortunatly i will have to save a bit before i reach that mark but its great to see that is now down to 2k mate for such an awsome camera!

Your going to wait a very long time if u want it to down same price as a mk2

Im not that bothered. Im still happy with my mk2. No need for upgrade. If I was after a new body now, Id think about it, but at this stage, Id rather buy 2k worth of lenses.
 

=adrian=

Member
do u have a flickr account or a website showing your pics?

Few days ago I posted some of my portraits in the portrait thread here on AVF (LINK). I currently don't share my landscapes and anything other than portraits anywhere on the net. My Flickr account is dead and won't be renewed.
 
D

Deleted member 27989

Guest
Few days ago I posted some of my portraits in the portrait thread here on AVF (LINK). I currently don't share my landscapes and anything other than portraits anywhere on the net. My Flickr account is dead and won't be renewed.

Yes I remember they were ok'ish :p:devil:

Only kidding, they were fantastic...
 

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

McIntosh unveils flagship MCD12000 CD/SACD player
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonos announces new Ray soundbar
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony set to launch WH-1000XM5 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
VIDEO: Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom