5D MK II Availability/Price?

GuyScissorhands

Standard Member
Reaction score
Like many I am trying to get ahold of a brand new 5D Mk II sometime this month. Wondered if anyone had any insights into any websites or London stockists that are expecting any in?

I'm after the 5D Mk II with the 24-70mm f2.8 L, think Jacobs had the best for £2,649. Is this the cheapest this package has been?

Hi,

£2554 ( price quoted to me on 1/5/11 ) plus postage from 'Kerso', email him at [email protected] for an up to date price and stock from his sister as he is away on holiday until the 25th. He sells as Flash Camera on ebay but you can mail him direct and save a wee bit going direct.

Full UK warranty and a genuine UK seller who imports from the USA.

Mike.

Hi,

£2554 ( price quoted to me on 1/5/11 ) plus postage from 'Kerso', email him at [email protected] for an up to date price and stock from his sister as he is away on holiday until the 25th. He sells as Flash Camera on ebay but you can mail him direct and save a wee bit going direct.

Full UK warranty and a genuine UK seller who imports from the USA.

Mike.
How can it be a full UK warranty if he is importing from the USA?

How can it be a full UK warranty if he is importing from the USA?

Hi,

because he pays the import taxes and can therefore offer a full UK warranty, if you don't believe me check his ebay rating of over 14,000 @ 99.7% :smashin:

Plus I wouldn't say it if I didn't know it :cool:

Don't all shops have to import if it's made in Japan, or Taiwan or wherever ;) :D

Mike.

Last edited:
Hi,

because he pays the import taxes and can therefore offer a full UK warranty, if you don't believe me check his ebay rating of over 14,000 @ 99.7% :smashin:

Don't all shops have to import if it's made in Japan, or Taiwan or wherever ;) :D

Mike.

No they don't :smashin: Normal UK retailers get it via an official distributor, if you don't it is a grey import with all associated benefits and drawbacks.

I'm amazed you are recommending someone to drop £2.5k on someone with an unidentifiable email address and contact his sister as he is out. It might be genuine but surely you realise how that sounds. Might as well go to yorkshirecameras.com :devil:

Now fair enough the ebay feedback seems decent, what does seem rather dodgy and evasive is the lack of a VAT number as a business seller. Considering that in the last 4 days alone there was £7676 of sales, that will take that seller easily over any tax threshold if sales are as good the rest of the year...

But hey each to their own...

No they don't :smashin: Normal UK retailers get it via an official distributor, if you don't it is a grey import with all associated benefits and drawbacks.

I'm amazed you are recommending someone to drop £2.5k on someone with an unidentifiable email address and contact his sister as he is out. It might be genuine but surely you realise how that sounds. Might as well go to yorkshirecameras.com :devil:

Now fair enough the ebay feedback seems decent, what does seem rather dodgy and evasive is the lack of a VAT number as a business seller. Considering that in the last 4 days alone there was £7676 of sales, that will take that seller easily over any tax threshold if sales are as good the rest of the year...

But hey each to their own...
Hi,

Google his name, rather than have go at me might it be an idea and please don't compare kerso to yorkshire cameras.

For crying out loud I try and help someone and all I get is heckled, I will now unsubscribe from this thread to avoid any more crap :)

Mike.

jmbrailsford said:
Hi,

Google his name, rather than have go at me might it be an idea and please don't compare kerso to yorkshire cameras.

For crying out loud I try and help someone and all I get is heckled, I will now unsubscribe from this thread to avoid any more crap :)

Mike.

I have to agree with you. I have also read great reviews of Kerso too and would consider buying from him too.

Raj

Hi,

I didn't, read it again in full context :smashin:

Mike.
Don't think anyone was interrupting you or aggressive towards you. It wasn't derisive either, merely a correction on how import and distribution works. Nothing played against you as a person. So please don't take it like that.

Hints as to a new 5D coming out but not now until 2012, there are lots of shortages but mostly down to the Earthquake I think.

Yeh, both 5D mk2 and 7D are in very short supply due to the disruption caused by the earthquake (article in this weeks Amateur Phtographer about it). Affects both Canon and Nikon. All of which means prices going up, up, up

Hi,

Mike.
With all due respect to his seller rating, that is completely irrelevant when it comes to warranty.

It is my understanding that the items he sells would need to be sourced from an authorised UK distributor in order to benefit from a full UK manufacturer's warranty. If I were to buy a new Sony lens from him and it developed a fault, Sony UK would tell me to get lost if I tried to claim under warranty with them.

If your friend is claiming that items purchased from him would have a full UK manufacturer's warranty, then it sounds to me like he is telling porkies.

I've bought from Kerso before and would do again *but* agree with above, there's no warranty so that's something you have to balance against the saving and the chance of failure with what you're buying.

John

That was a nice edit ;-)

To be honest it will for any manufacturer be a grey area with regarding honouring warranty and it doesn't matter what the seller state. Well it does now under the ASA but that is another discussion.

I don't have Canon as I am a Nikon owner, I wonder whether they have the same registration system and looking at the Canon website it seems so. My Nikon ties the serial number to a Nikon Europe B.V. distributor, which must be Netherlands based and from there provides European warranty. Canon clearly has in their warranty terms and conditions also reference a European system. Their EWS.

As Johnmcl7 said, if you know upfront and are happy taking the risk than no big deal. Me personally I wouldn't drop such an amount without being certain about the warranty situation unless I get it for a lot less than the savings generally achievable on his ebay store. But hey each to their own.

So basically we've gone from him offering a full UK warranty, to a USA warranty that probably isn't valid in the UK at all, as the item would need to have been purchased from a European distributor at the very least.

Seems to me this seller is being very economical with the truth.

Last edited:
Try T4 Cameras in Witney, it's my local pro shop. They had most Canon bodies in stock when I was in there last week.

Worth a call :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom