• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

5D Mk II - a shout for Jessops!!

R

ryanyboy

Hi folks,

I just thought I'd let those of you interested in the 5d MK II that Jessops are doing the camera + a 580 EX II flash gun for the body only RRP of £2299. And you get a free 8GB Ducati CF card into the bargain.

I pre-ordered mine last Friday and was shocked to find the free CF card arrive yesterday. :thumbsup:

I know they have their haters but fair dinkum to Jessops for this one. :smashin:

Ryan

P.S Before it gets said - I have no connection to Jessops whatsoever.

social_lurker

Established Member
Thats a lot of camera for the money.

It looks like Jessops may have ballsed up a little there - just looking at their website and the deals all include the 8gb card, but with the option of the Speedlight or 50mm 1.4 lens or a 32gb CF card and all for the £2299 price.

I hope they honour it all

R

ryanyboy

Thats a lot of camera for the money.

It looks like Jessops may have ballsed up a little there - just looking at their website and the deals all include the 8gb card, but with the option of the Speedlight or 50mm 1.4 lens or a 32gb CF card and all for the £2299 price.

I hope they honour it all

Likewise.

I even had a guy from Jessops call me on Monday just to confirm the order and to double check the delivery address "due to the high value of the order". He didn't mention that the price was wrong.

To be fair I think it must be right. Jacobs have some cracking similar deals so I guess Jessops are trying to follow suit.

Time will tell I suppose.

Ryan

salubrious_k

Established Member
Anyone know when these pre-orders will actually be honoured?

R

ryanyboy

Anyone know when these pre-orders will actually be honoured?

Do you mean - when is the 5D II being released?

If so last week of Nov is still the official line (although I have a strong feeling it'll be sooner).

Ryan

salubrious_k

Established Member
LOL

+1 pedantry points (c;

py6km

Prominent Member
I'm not sure that is such a good deal to be honest as bricks and mortar store RGB tech are offering the body for £1799 last time I looked. Add in the cost of a the flash and CF, and you could still get in well under the Jessops price I think.

R

ryanyboy

I'm not sure that is such a good deal to be honest as bricks and mortar store RGB tech are offering the body for £1799 last time I looked. Add in the cost of a the flash and CF, and you could still get in well under the Jessops price I think.

Great shout. Are RGB Tech any good?

py6km

Prominent Member
As far as I know yes they're very good. They have a proper shop, are helpful, and stock is UK, not dodgy. They virtually always price new bodies at the point at which they're likely to be in a few months, rather than the initial RRP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom