58PUS9005 freezing in Netflix

Garyj881

Novice Member
I purchased my Philips 58PUS9005 before Christmas. I have always had an issue with Netflix freezing, lagging and force closing.

For the first few months I dismissed there was an issue as I was using a VPN to stream the US version of Netflix and thought my ISP was doing this

Since removing the VPN and still getting the issues, I though I'd reach out to find if anyone else has these issues. I've been in touch with Philips and they asked me to try a few things including a reinstall and making sure the software is up-to-date. They then asked me to download some error logging software to load onto a USB stick and I sent into the TV. I sent this to them but they didn't even check it as another update was uploaded in the interim. After installing the update and still the same, they then asked me yet again to insert the usb stick again to record and faults. I have since recorded the faults and emailed then the details.

It's been over a week and I'm thinking if this was a world wide issue many would be reporting this online.

Anyone else got or had this issue?

Am I best just asking for the TV to be swapped?

GuziooPL

Standard Member
Hi,
Did you check if the same issue is present while hotspot is used? This could exclude your ISP/router issues.

Garyj881

Novice Member
Well my Hisense TV works fine in another room. My LG TV works fine in the bedroom, also Netflix works fine in my daughter's bedroom. I would like to think this rules out the isp/router.

Garyj881

Novice Member
Update on this.

Returned my TV to Curry's, whilst being returned the screen was damaged so have been given a full refund. I have chosen to buy the same TV again hoping not to get any issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom