58-60” wider angle upgrade needed

kevin1982

Afternoon everyone,

can anyone recommend a decent 58-60” tv which has good viewing angles. I’ve currently got an LG 50m7500pla but I’ve been given the green light for a sensible upgrade for our new living room.

The pinned post with best buys says the LG 55nano8660 but would like a tad bigger, but won’t go to 65 (costco has ever for £650 on a mega deal) as it’s just to big for the corner it’s going in

can anyone recommend any other TV’s in the £6-700 budget

thanks

vickster

Distinguished Member
Have you checked the guide. The sections are split on narrow vs wide angles

58s I believe have VA panels, which won’t give you the angles. Not sure there are (m)any 60s nowadays.

If angles are crucial, you may well have to compromise on a 55

kevin1982

Have you checked the guide. The sections are split on narrow vs wide angles

58s I believe have VA panels, which won’t give you the angles. Not sure there are (m)any 60s nowadays.

If angles are crucial, you may well have to compromise on a 55
I think you might be right. Would love a 65” but it’ll overhang a window just a bit too much. So the question is now VFM on a 55”.
Sony x800/900 vs LG 55nano866 vs Samsung q60/65 ???

desinho

58 and 60" are both only available as VA panels (as are the 50" ones) so you are not going to get better viewing angles with those ...
Either the LG or Sony X80 (Sony would be better as they don't lose their brightness as much off angles as other brands. Brother has the Nano 86 [2020 model] and says it's very dark off-angle)

Dodgexander

Samsung models will have narrow viewing angles.
Its between LG and Sony, Nano86/85 is higher spec with 120hz panel but viewing angles on the Sony's are better so that may be better if its your main priority.

If you go with LG, be sure to get the 2020 models and not the new overpriced 2021 ones.

What kind of angles do you need btw? Looking away from the TV, at what angle (degrees) from the centre will you be viewing?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom