58" £750-900

freeflyer56

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm after a 58" specifically. 55 is too small, and 65 is too large for my purposes. budget £750-900.

Currently looking at the Samsung QE58Q60TAUXXU. Any other options to consider? I do like very smooth motion, and i realise the Samsung doesnt have much emphasis on this. The only other i've really seen is the panasonic HX800.

58” is a weird size with limited range, so not the best of choices nor value.

there is one listed in this guide which could be worth looking at:

Yeah i know.. maybe better dropping to a 55 perhaps and going for a Q80T or a Sony 9005 perhaps. I think Sony has a better motion smoothing overall?

for films, I would get the Sony if just gaming go with the q80t because the sony has dolby.

58" models are all low end TVs nowadays, you are best going for a 55". Go for the highest rank TV in the guide you can afford.

The Sony XH9005 is the better TV for video content and the Samsung Q80T is better for games.

Motion has many aspects, but when most people say they want good motion they mean for video content. If that is the case, go for the Sony.

If however you mean motion in games, the Samsung will be better. It has some gaming features that let you smooth out motion in game mode.

Thanks.. i'm looking for smooth motion in video.. I do like the very smooth transition between frames that sony does. I think in general that may be the one to go for.
I already have a Sony (43XD8305) and whilst i like the android TV and the voice feature, it can be slow (particularly the voice search, which crawls). I assume the newer ones are much quicker?

Yes, they are much quicker. Consider also spending more on the XH9505 for a dedicated picture processor and better HDR performance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom