1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

57WH36 Super intense blacks

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rezzo, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Rezzo

Rezzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

For the last few weeks, my Toshiba picture has been driving me to distraction, the black and dark colours have become incredibly intense, to the point where object detail is lost. For example, someone wearing a black jacket will not have any creases or even the pocket detail showing.

I usually have my contrast and brightness set to 45 and my colour to 40, the only way I can get detail back in dark objects is by setting my brightness to the high 60's/low 70's which washes out the rest of the colours, so is pretty useless.

Any ideas on what the problem or remedy is?

Thanks.

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hehehe....i know exactly what your problem is, i owned the same 57" TV but sold it just because it's drifting.

The dark option which you can turn off or on makes the picture so dark that you can't even see fine details of objects in the picture so i had it turned off always.

To solve your problem just shut it off in the menu and you will notice a much better picture.

It's sad, i liked the TV very much but they live their own life, i made perfect convergence and geometry and STILL after a week or so it was not perfect again, seems like these TVs are drifting alot in their electronics.

3. Rezzo

Rezzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly, the black colour problem is with the black stretch already turned off, but you are right, if I turn it on, the picture is pretty much unwatchable.

Thanks for taking the time to advise me though.

4. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to make a service call ASAP.