576p via SCART?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Rothers, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rothers

Rothers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone had any success in displaying 576p through a SCART connection? I'm using a Sony KDL40S2010 TV and I know the TV is capable of producing a 576p resolution but every time I select AV-SCART > 576p the screen goes blank.

Is it possible that 576p can be output through a SCART cable? I was always under the impression that 576i was the highest resolution that could be output through a SCART cable but according to the Sony PS3 spec it should be possible to output 576p through SCART cable.

Can anyone clarify this as I've got a bit of a bet going on with my mate that 576i is the highest resolution that can be produced using a SCART cable and 576p can only be output through Component.

Please help....

Cheers:)

2. beasty54

beasty54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Nope you cant use a scart cable for 576p, you'll need component.

*EDIT*
    Can i just ask why your using a scart connection to display a 576 Standard definition image when you have a 720p High Definition panel?

3. Zeromajor

Zeromajor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Use a component or hdmi cable. Like beasty says you have a panel that's capable of displaying 720p.

4. Rothers

Rothers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep that's what I thought but if you look at the Sony PS3 spec or the online manual it states that AV Multi/SCART can produce 576i and 576p.

5. beasty54

beasty54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Well it can because that same socket is used for the component cable and the manual will be refering to the socket not what cable you use.... well thats my guess anyway

6. Rothers

Rothers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's just a bet with a mate to be honest he believes that you can output 576p through SCART but I don't think it is possible at all.

I do in fact use a HDMI cable but wanted to get some evidence that using AV Multi/SCART 576p cannot be outputted. What got me a bit unsure is that when I select AV Multi/SCART the next screen displays the option for Standard PAL and 576p, if you tick 576p the screen goes blank. So why would Sony put the option to select 576p after selecting AV Multi/SCART?

Very confused.

7. beasty54

beasty54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    As i said above mate, i would guess when referring to the AV Multi/scart they are in fact talking about the socket and not the cable so because its used for the component cable the specs are correct

8. Zeromajor

Zeromajor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    You can't get 576p through scart, simple as.

The AV/Multi-out is used for composite/scart/and component connections - but you can only output 576p through component.

9. Rothers

Rothers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you're right mate and it looks like I'm right in saying that 576p can't be output through a SCART connection.

Cheers:thumbsup: looks like he's getting the beers in then! Haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.