1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

575A and AE700 Progressive from the DVD or let the pj do the work?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by matblack, Jul 18, 2005.

1. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    What do we think?

I've tried both and the pictureis ruined when I use the DVD players progressive scan setting and put it through my Marantz SR5400 to do the switching, works finr without the AV Amp in place.

Without the av amp I'll have to keep switching the cables round if I let the pj do the work I don't have this issue :confused:

So its use the DVD players progressive and switch cables a lot or let the pj do the deinterlacing and have the convenience of the on board video switching.

Whats best?

MB

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Why do you need to keep switching the cables about? I have got my PJ connected to the DVD via compent directly (only because the cable isn't long enough to reach from the amp) and everything else goes throught the amp.

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    matblack - you're one of few people actually in a position to answer you're own question!! Connect the DVD directly, run some calibrations (AVIA, DVE etc), and watch a movie or two. Later in the week run via the amp, run calibrations again, an dwatch a couple more movies. I think it's gonna be close and one of those things you need to live with for a couple of days each to catch any potential nasties with each option. Be great if you could post back your findings for the next person who has a similar question!