56K? Stay away :) Ashton Court 2006, Saturday and Sunday

Bristol Pete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A selection of some 2000 shots for the BBC archives. The mandate was ambience, atmosphere and the bands. Enjoy.

IMG_0294-1.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

not a great fan of tilted crops, but really loving these shots.

what camera / lens were you using, and did you have a press pass?

i'd love to see acdc again. had no idea they were playing :(

EDIT: ahem. tribute band. they look the part, anyway ;)

All absolutely :censored: fantastic mate, I've edited your thread title for those poor souls on dial up :boring:

Especially like the picture of the babe in arms, it's the type of thing I look out for, the bloke on the floor apparently out of it, looks very ill (drunk?) the colour of his stomach :rolleyes:

A great selection that you should rightly be proud of and to top it off you get a free day/days out at the gig ya jammy sod :smashin:

Gordon @ Convergent AV said:
I thought it was an AC/DC tribute band......I didn't think it was actually Angus that Pete tok pic of.

Correct, though if you can cast your mind back to when I was dating that Aussie girl, I convinced my mate who happens to be an AC/DC freak that Angus was her old neighbour and she played along with it for an age too :D :thumbsup:

Zone said:
All absolutely :censored: fantastic mate, I've edited your thread title for those poor souls on dial up :boring:

Especially like the picture of the babe in arms, it's the type of thing I look out for, the bloke on the floor apparently out of it, looks very ill (drunk?) the colour of his stomach :rolleyes:

A great selection that you should rightly be proud of and to top it off you get a free day/days out at the gig ya jammy sod :smashin:

Was a treat an no mistake. The main attraction? The women. Women everywhere and wearing my BBC pass was a magnet. Seriously. In fact i went on a date last night. Very nice too.

The big deal was the sheer vloume when working in the pit. It was an ear plugs only thing and some of the dance acts had subterranian bass that went through my whole body, Dreadzone for example.

Oh, and I made it into Bristols largest paper too :)

I enjoyed Dreadzone when they played at the Wychwood Festival earlier in the year.

It's good fun snapping bands playing isn't it Pete, wish I had tried to get a press pass for that, but I just ended up about 5ft further back than they were on the main stage so my zoom came in handy :)

stevegreen said:
I enjoyed Dreadzone when they played at the Wychwood Festival earlier in the year.

It's good fun snapping bands playing isn't it Pete, wish I had tried to get a press pass for that, but I just ended up about 5ft further back than they were on the main stage so my zoom came in handy :)

Yeah, good fun, The irony that being in the press pit limits your shot as you are always looking up so maybe being further back with a decent zoom is a good thing.

Biscuit761 said:
Superb shots Pete, how did you get the press pass, have you turned professional and given up the day job ?

Bill

Bill, a while back I was offered some work by a local press/photography agency, which came about by total coincidence and I thought it was pie in the sky. However, it has happened, hence the BBC stuff who they shoot for. Also doing the balloon fiesta, some sport and whatever comes my way. Have advised that weekends only as my 'real' job is the priority at the moment as that pays for new gear :D

The guy I am working with was Eamon Mccabes junior and I am learning so much from him by simply just working with him, meeting for coffee or watching him work and by listening to his feedback as he has been there and done it. That said, on Sunday we sat down and he told me that the only reason he is better than me is because he has been shooting for 30 years. Made me laugh but a nice feeling though, yet I know only to well that I have a long long way to go.

Excellent as ever. How do you get them so sharp? Is it your camera/lens or post processing? Your pics always seem to leap out of the page more than others.

lmccauley said:
For anyone else interested in concert photography (Pete obviously doesn't need any more advice!), the latest Digital Photographer (#46) has an article on it.

Cheers,
Liam

Good read too, I am always learning mate, long long way to go. Gigs are not really my thing but its fun.

lmccauley said:
For anyone else interested in concert photography (Pete obviously doesn't need any more advice!), the latest Digital Photographer (#46) has an article on it.

Cheers,
Liam

Nice one. My guitar teacher has a gig on Sunday so will pick that up before then.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom