55UM7660PLA Reboots When Streaming

jeffusher

Novice Member
I've had my 55UM7660PLA for just under 2 years now with no problems at all.

Last week I bought an Amazon FireTV Cube and had my Virgin Media hub upgraded to a Hub4 and connection of 1GB.

Since these two events took place, whenever I use a streaming service on an external device ( FireTV cube or Shield ), the TV will randomly freeze or lose sound, and then completely reboot.

This does not happen when using the onboard apps, onboard Netflix works perfectly OK. The problem only happens when streaming using an external device.

It does not happen at all when watching Sky Q live or on playback.

I have removed the FireTV Cube and the problem is still happening. I have factory reset the TV, changed HDMI cables etc etc but to no avail.

The problem is doing my head in. I thought it may be the TV unable to cope with the 700mbps stream from the external devices but the Shield and the FireTV cube should be doing all the heavy load and just passing the signal via HDMI surely?

I'm at a loss and just wondered if anyone else had any experience of this issue.

Equipment:

TV: 55UM7660PLA (Ethernet)
SKY Q: HDMI1 (Ethernet)
LG SN7Y Soundbar: ARC HDMI2
Nvidia Shield: HDMI3 (Ethernet)
Virgin Media Hub 4 with 1GB in Modem mode connected to TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh.
Single ethernet output from Virgin box to M4 router and connection from M4 to 8 port 1GB switch feeding all the ethernet connections.

Last edited:

jeffusher

Novice Member
Took a video of the problem. In this instance I was streaming from the Nvidia Shield with a connection speed of 700mbps. Sound cuts out and TV reboots:

next010

Distinguished Member
That is rather bizarre, hard to say what the problem is.

My only gut guess is it might be an audio issue
1) In WebOS set digital sound output = PCM
2) In WebOS set HDMI input format = PCM

That will force TV to convert audio to stereo for ARC and HDMI inputs, now try the Shield/FireTV and see what happens.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom