Question 55UH850V or 55ef950v or other

zen200

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My 8 year old 40" Samsung lcd tv broke and now I need to buy another tv which I hope will last a good few years.

I think I like lg tv's because of passive 3D and plex and also the option for oled.

As I am upgrading from such an old tv I am sure that all current models will show a huge difference, but I'm wondering what actual users have on here.

Non of the tv's do everything that I want, so I'm going to have to compromise somewhere.

I'd like:

HDR
Passive 3D
55"-60"
All catchup services
Android os to load showbox etc
Plex

I do have an android box already so can make do without android os, but I can't watch cat up services on the android box as its rooted.

I don't want to spend any more than £1600 as that's enough for a tv I think.

Anyway, thanks for any feedback or advice.

Thanks

Phil

Some of your preferences conflict slightly in choice.

Passive 3d Is limited to certain OLED or LCD screens made my LG. LG use web OS that's missing catch up apps.

Android TV is limited to Sony and Phillips models.

Plex has issues on LGsweb OS always transcoding files rather than playing directly. Not sure if this concerns you or not.

For HDR at that budget you're looking at Sony XD93 or Samsung KS8000. Sony has active 3d, Samsung none. The LG LCDs are especially bad with HDR.

Only this year's LG OLEDs do a great job with HDR. Last year's 950v will work with a HDR signal and it will look okay, but not up to the standards of 2016 TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom