• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

55UB820V - wifi / Internet speed

DarrenW

Novice Member
Hi All,

Just recently I've been having issues with the Amazon Video app refusing to play video.
As soon as you go to play it say it cannot play video at this time. The cursor is still circling and if you wait it eventually says insufficient bandwidth.

I'm on Virgin with 100Mbps !

So using the Netflix app, and fast.com to test the speed, it tells me it's only getting 20Mbps!
It's connected to my 2.4Ghz network - which is noticeably slower than my 5Ghz network - however on my iphone, connected to the 2.4 Ghz I still get 35-40 Mbps.

So I thought I'd connect it up directly to the Apple Time capsule (that is acting as the wireless router) with a Cat 5 cable. Even then it's still only able to get 25mbps speed!!

Is there something wrong with my TV or is they somehow throttled on network speed? I thought with it being hardwired I've be getting fantastic speed - so not sure why it's still appearing so low.

Cheers
Darren

DarrenW

Novice Member
Anyone had anything similar?

Or can someone just use
Fast.com on their tv and see if its considerably slower than any other wifi device on the same network.

Can't understand even when it's cables to the router I'm only getting 20mbps!

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom