55SM9800PLA (2019 LG NanoCell TV)

danlyn

Standard Member
It’s a damn nightmare trying to choose...I wanted a tv with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, so that narrows it down to LG.... anyway that’s for another thread...cheers :thumbsup:
I,ve had a LG SM9000PLA 49" for 3 weeks now and it is superb.

Samsung could give a 50yr screen burn warrenty, because its never going to happen with QDot
And you will never get Dolby Vision with thier tvs.

SourKraut

I,ve had a LG SM9000PLA 49" for 3 weeks now and it is superb.

Samsung could give a 50yr screen burn warrenty, because its never going to happen with QDot
And you will never get Dolby Vision with thier tvs.
Well went to RicherSounds and bought a LG C9 55 inch, delivery next week:clap:

Giuglemax

Novice Member
I know my english is not so accurate so if you don't understand something or you want to know someting you are free to ask.

First. I was alone when i got and set up the tv(Lg 65sm9800) but the package is really well organized so you could use it for move and build your tv, only in the end lift it and put it where you prefer. Is 28kg of tv not so heavy but not so easy for one person when you can't tight the screen. First thing, i didn't get a premium feeling about the tv, look like nice but the stand is metal cover by plastic structure, if you don't pay attention about the plastic you will break it easly. Second , the stand is not so strong so you must handle the tv carefully or it swing really easy doing creepy sounds.

First updated to the new firmware

Web os is really fast, easy to learn the best operating sistem for a tv in this moment.
The tv recognize everything is connect in one second and set it up for the best usb-optical-hdmi. Never heard my sound sistem work so well as yestarday, xbox one x looks great.

Picture quality and blooming.

Dolby vision, as i red in many reviews, is stunning, never saw something as good as it on netflix.

Hdr good as well but not as good as dolby vision, i didn't see any kind of light blooming on it.

What about bloooming.

Yes ther's but not always some material has it some no, i don't know why and the reasons, you could notice it on some really dark area or in credits for me not such a big issue because much more less than the ks9000. Turn off local dimmin, correction of gamma and controll of movement, boooming is somethig really not so visible in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure ther's a big difference between the sm9800 and the sm9000 the second is much more worst.

In the end.

If ,as me, don't want to spend 2000 euro or more for a tv that you are going to chenge in couple of years, i think this is the right one because you will get great picture quality(sure not good as sony xg9505 or samsung q90r or Oled but more expensive) future proof with hdmi 2.1 and Full Arc, 120hrz 4k panel.

Last edited:

grahamtriggs

Novice Member
Well went to RicherSounds and bought a LG C9 55 inch, delivery next week:clap:
I hope you will be happy with it. But don't put Sky News on there. Ever. Don't let anything with bright static content - particularly yellows - to linger (e.g. Cbeebies logo).

And just try not to have it on all day, every day.

I can't vouch for how much the C9 has moved on, but I had an E6. For the most part, the suggestion that "normal" viewing won't cause a problem holds true. But bright (yellow) content can burn in quite quickly, and after 12,000+ hours, it wasn't quite as bright as it used to be.

grahamtriggs

Novice Member
What about bloooming.

Yes ther's but not always some material has it some no, i don't know why and the reasons, you could notice it on some really dark area or in credits for me not such a big issue because much more less than the ks9000. Turn off local dimmin, correction of gamma and controll of movement, boooming is somethig really not so visible in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure ther's a big difference between the sm9800 and the sm9000 the second is much more worst.
I completely agree. It might vary depending on the content you use / watch, as well as your preferred settings, but so far I don't notice blooming as an issue unless watching HDR / DV content, with credit sequences or loading screens in games.

I'm really not bothered about some blooming in what I consider non-critical content.

If ,as me, don't want to spend 2000 euro or more for a tv that you are going to chenge in couple of years, i think this is the right one because you will get great picture quality(sure not good as sony xg9505 or samsung q90r or Oled but more expensive) future proof with hdmi 2.1 and Full Arc, 120hrz 4k panel.
At the time of purchase, the Samsung QLED would have been 50% more than the LG - about £1000 more. Not realistic for a TV that doesn't offer an apparent improvement, is less accurate OOTB, has a worse OS, worse format support and fewer hdmi features.

OLEDs are spectacular at their best, but I've already shown them to not be suitable for my use, and it's easier for me to live with an LCD - even if I had to switch off dimming (which I haven't) - than the OLED.