55sk8500pla hdr settings

bs627

Standard Member
I recently brought this tv model second hand. Very happy with the tv, I have adjusted the tv settings for SDR and find the that the dolby vision settings were fine when reset to standard. My only issue comes when i watch a dark film like the invisible man in hdr10 or HLG. The blooming from the backlight is quite bad. Quite bad on this film in a bright room but ridiculous blooming in a dark room, I have tried turning the local dimming off this actually makes the issue allot worse, I have turned off motion processing which helped slightly, Low local dimming is not much better than off, medium
is the best i have found with high setting letting out less light but giving objects or people on screen more of a halo effect. I have seen somewhere that you should not turn the backlight down for hdr10, is this correct as i believe it is the backlight being at 100 that is causing the issue as i have my sdr backlight at 50 in a bright room and 27 when dark and dolby visions backlight is set at 50 without adjusting.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom