Question 55PUS7334 HDR10 issue

nipbiplip

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

When viewing HDR10 content, the picture is sooo dark, to the point of being unwatchable.

However, when I disable the HDR10 flag on my Panny 420 player, the standard HDR pic is fine again.

I understand that HDR10 contains metadata, similar to DV, but DV is nowhere near aa bad as 10

Any suggestions?

Hi all.

When viewing HDR10 content, the picture is sooo dark, to the point of being unwatchable.

However, when I disable the HDR10 flag on my Panny 420 player, the standard HDR pic is fine again.

I understand that HDR10 contains metadata, similar to DV, but DV is nowhere near aa bad as 10

Any suggestions?
Change tv? ;) First of all this is only 350nits tv, second Philips messed up with HDR on software so owners experience multiple issue across different sources.

I know and appreciate the Tv's limitations, and bought it under no illusions that it was going to burn any retinas, nit wise!

However, limitations taken into account, its DV and HDR performance is OK (its a second set for another room), but as soon as it detects a HDR10+ flag, the picture dims excessively. Switch back to standard HDR, and it's acceptable.

I know and appreciate the Tv's limitations, and bought it under no illusions that it was going to burn any retinas, nit wise!

However, limitations taken into account, its DV and HDR performance is OK (its a second set for another room), but as soon as it detects a HDR10+ flag, the picture dims excessively. Switch back to standard HDR, and it's acceptable.
Well it's not exactly to burn retinas with nits, but being able to enhance detail :D Did you play with hdmi settings on philips tv by changing modes?
I just can't see how would you get HDR10+ to perform better. Another trial would be to try same sample content on USB or across app in HDR10+ to see if any different and not issue with player itself/hdmi source tv.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom