55PUS6703 with fly stuck inside the screen!

johneboy

I realise this might be a slightly rare issue to say the least, but any help would be appreciated.

I have a small insect/fly that has managed to make its way inside the LCD panel on my 6703 screen between the top transparent layer of the panel and the LCD panel itself. It has then died and is now stuck about 10cm up from the middle of the bottom bezel edge. Tapping it makes no difference, the bug just won't move.

Has anyone seen this type of issue before and have any solutions I could try?

AVtest

I realise this might be a slightly rare issue to say the least, but any help would be appreciated.

I have a small insect/fly that has managed to make its way inside the LCD panel on my 6703 screen between the top transparent layer of the panel and the LCD panel itself. It has then died and is now stuck about 10cm up from the middle of the bottom bezel edge. Tapping it makes no difference, the bug just won't move.

Has anyone seen this type of issue before and have any solutions I could try?
Not an expert but that should be damn poor assembly if flies can make their way between lcd layers. All I would say return it for warranty repair or better for refund as that is poor.
Surely transparent layer is part of lcd panel anyway? LCD panel usually are quite well sealed and if there are any openings its only for cables and electronics but even so there should be no large openings. Probably it also explains why so many people have random bleeding effects as moist air/dust gets between layers then....
Do not attempt any fixes yourself unless you highly skilled and know what you doing.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
It's very common and has been mentioned many times on the forum.
Do a search for “Thunderbugs”

johneboy

I see, thanks for that. I've tried a few things now to get rid of it, but it is stuck fast. The screen isn't under warranty any more so I'm going to have to live with it I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom