Question 55PUS6272/05 Flipped (Mirrored Image)

tommyg3001

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I have recently got my hands on a Philips 55PUS6272/05, however, there’s one problem .. the image is flipped/mirrored, so everything including text, menus etc is backwards.

I have tried everything that I can think of, every menu/setting etc. Even changed the T-CON board to no avail!

Does anybody have any ideas? I’ve accessed the Service Menu (SAM) and can’t find any flip/rotate settings in there. But wondered about the SDM or CSM if anybody knows how to get into those?

I’m also not sure if it’s to do with any of the OP Codes in the SAM. Is there anyone kind enough with a 55PUS6272 to access their SAM and let me know what their codes are to compare? I think there’s 16 in total?

I have tried reinstalling the firmware, but can only find the latest version, which was already installed anyway. Does anybody have an old version?

Thanks
Tom

These are my current ‘Options’ .. but I don’t have a clue what they actually do.

For anybody wanting to compare theirs to access the service menu is 062596 + Info. Then it’s the third menu down.

OP #1 008

OP #2 001

OP #3 020

OP #4 196

OP #5 000

OP #6 096

OP #7 004

OP #8 229

OP #9 203

OP #10 002

OP #11 018

OP #12 004

OP #13 001

OP #14 003

OP #15 251

OP #16 004

I've got the same problem on my TV. Same model but 50 inch. Picture is backwards. Did you ever find a solution?

Same problem here as well, just turned on my Phillips TV and everything is backwards.
Any one find a solution as yet ?

Update.......
Mine is now fixed, so just to save time for anyone if you get the same problem.
The fix is a software update from Philips. I contacted them for help and they sent me an email with a simple set of instructions to follow with a couple of download links for software updates.
Once applied these updates switched the screen back the correct way

Hola!
Guys, Im having the same problem with the 50 inches model. Philips sent me a file to do a forced upgrade but no success on that. The image is flipped and mirrored still. Can you please help me with this? Can you please share the OP1 and OP2 values. They can be found via imputing 123654 in the remote control. Also, sharing your experience resolving this would be very appreciated.

Hola!
Guys, Im having the same problem with the 50 inches model. Philips sent me a file to do a forced upgrade but no success on that. The image is flipped and mirrored still. Can you please help me with this? Can you please share the OP1 and OP2 values. They can be found via imputing 123654 in the remote control. Also, sharing your experience resolving this would be very appreciated.

Someone has already listed the OP codes, I've just checked mine and they are the same as the guy who listed them out above.

Someone has already listed the OP codes, I've just checked mine and they are the same as the guy who listed them out above.
Thank you AllanNic. I replaced the codes on the tv with the codes listed above but no luck.

Hi all, same problem here on 55PUS6272. Any change you can send me the update file you used please?
billykape2@ gmail.com

Update.......
The fix is a software update from Philips. I contacted them for help and they sent me an email with a simple set of instructions to follow with a couple of download links for software updates.
Hi AllanNic i have the same issue with my 50 inch phillips tv could you help me please with any information or the email to phillips to get it fixed thank you. My email is [email protected]

I had the same issue with 50PUS6272/05, now the issue is solved thx God. I love this TV.
Philips sent me a file (TPM179E_MT5802_upgrade_loader.zip) what actually does is a downgraded of the firmware version which apparently is corrupted.

I had the same issue with 50PUS6272/05, now the issue is solved thx God. I love this TV.
Philips sent me a file (TPM179E_MT5802_upgrade_loader.zip) what actually does is a downgraded of the firmware version which apparently is corrupted.
Thank you so much could you send me the fine to my email please its [email protected] im very grateful for your reply and help i love this tv too and im going mad trying everything to get it sorted.

Thank you so much could you send me the fine to my email please its [email protected] im very grateful for your reply and help i love this tv too and im going mad trying everything to get it sorted.

Thank you AllanNic managed to help me and now got the tv fix thanks.

Update.......
Hi AllanNic, my Philips 43PUS6262 has also flipped and I was about to replace it thinking it was a cheaper option to buy a new set when I saw this thread. Do you still have the instructions that Philips sent you on how to rectify the problem as I would be so grateful?

Hello guys,

I am having the same trouble. My philips 55PUS6262/55 the image has flipped (mirroerd),
Can anyone send me file by email [email protected] please! Thanks in advance.

I have that same tv and it’s flipped upside down I have the file but how do I install it in the tv?

How do I install the file onto the tv?

Do you have the Philips customer service email it should come with instructions!
Answer
The TV’s functionality can be restored via a manual software update. Please proceed as follows:

1. Download the software

• Insert an empty USB flash drive into a computer. Format the USB flash drive to FAT32 (right mouse click >“Format”).
  • Access the following link: Box
  • Download the software onto the PC.
  • ”Unzip” the downloaded software file in the root of the USB flash drive. The extraction of downloaded files (unzipping) can slightly vary between different laptops or PC’s.
  • Rename the downloaded file to “upgrade_loader.pkg" (without quotation marks).
  • Copy the “upgrade_loader.pkg” file to the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  • Disconnect the USB flash drive from the computer.

Note: Make sure that the file is named properly and located in the root of the USB flash drive (not in any folder).

2. Unplug the TV’s power cable and disconnect external devices

• While the TV is ON, disconnect the TV’s main power cable.
  • Unplug all accessories and devices from the TV. This includes a CAM module, if applicable.
  • Disconnecting external devices will avoid possible interferences.
3. Start the software upgrade procedure

• While the TV is OFF insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of the TV. Please use a USB 2.0 port (black inside).
  • Reconnect the power cable. This will trigger the update to start.
  • An OSD message “Software upgrade in progress…” will be shown during the installation.
  • Wait 15 minutes for the software to upload onto the TV.

Do not interrupt the process by pressing buttons on the TV or the remote control. The TV will automatically restart after the installation has been successfully finished.

4. Disconnect the USB flash drive from the TV
An accidental reinstallation of the software could damage the TV, therefore it is highly recommended to immediately remove the USB from the TV’s USB port and delete the upgrade file.

5. Perform a power cycle

• Unplug the power cable of the TV from the mains.
  • Wait for at least one minute (after the LED light has switched off) before plugging the power cable in again.
  • Switch the TV back ON.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 with this hyperlink (instead of the previously used in step 1):
Box

If the incident persists and your TV is in warranty period, could you please respond with the following information:
  • Proof of purchase
  • Pictures of TV (full screen and frames should be seen).
  • Full home address
  • Contact phone

If your TV is out of warranty, then we recommend contacting our service centre to further investigate the incident.

Equinox Maintenance Ltd
+44 (0)1684 290000

Update.......
Pls I need a direct contact of Philip company

Same problem here as well, just turned on my Phillips TV and everything is backwards.
Any one find a solution as yet ?
Hi AllanNic - I have encountered this same problem last night and spent hours going through the settings and trying different things and I’m no further forward. Any advise would be really appreciated. My email is [email protected]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom