Question 55POS9002 or newer LED

mr_kingsley

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey

So the Philips OLED 55POS9002 is currently £999 in a couple of places. I wasn’t planning on spending that much on a new tv, I was originally going to get a Hisense around £500.

However, having looked at OLEDs next to leds in richer sounds, I think it’s worth the extra. The problem is, I haven’t seen the Philips in person as it doesn’t seem to be in store due to its age.

Would the Philips be worthwhile, or would £999 be better spent on a newer alternative?
Not too interested in how good OS or remote etc is, just want a nice picture! Also size can be smaller, anything between 43-55!

Its a 2017 model and pretty much the same TV as the 2018 OLED803 except the OLED803 is using a 2018 panel.

A steal at £999 but perhaps overall the LG B8 which has also been found for less than £1000 recently is a better deal since its a 2018 model.

Something to consider is the Phlilips OLED803 (2018 version of the POS9002) is likely to be reduced to clearance soon too as the new 2019 models are released between spring and summer.

Its a 2017 model and pretty much the same TV as the 2018 OLED803 except the OLED803 is using a 2018 panel.

A steal at £999 but perhaps overall the LG B8 which has also been found for less than £1000 recently is a better deal since its a 2018 model.

Something to consider is the Phlilips OLED803 (2018 version of the POS9002) is likely to be reduced to clearance soon too as the new 2019 models are released between spring and summer.
I was thinking of the LG B8 which I think the cheapest I can find it for right now is £1044, but the ambilight feature of the Philips seems a good selling point. Also not too sure how much difference there would be beteeen the Philips and the LG. What sets them apart, other than being newer?
Was tempted with the Hisense U7A at £500 but think I’d just end up regretting not going oled!

2018-2019 OLED Comparison - the comparison between this years Philips OLED803 is valid for the POS9002 basically the LG is the better overall TV but Philips has the edge with motion.

I was thinking of the LG B8 which I think the cheapest I can find it for right now is £1044, but the ambilight feature of the Philips seems a good selling point. Also not too sure how much difference there would be beteeen the Philips and the LG. What sets them apart, other than being newer?
Was tempted with the Hisense U7A at £500 but think I’d just end up regretting not going oled!

LG will be better for build quality than the Phillips even though the Phillips will be using a LG Display OLED panel within it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom