55OLED903/12 failing to boot / very sluggish

MrStavros88

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, our 55oled903 has started to play up today. Philips logo appears when switched on but wont boot up just a black screen. The android loading screen then stop / starts. Then Philips logo appears again as if it is stuck on a loop. I have downloaded the latest firmware to a usb but still nothing. Everything disconnected (firestick etc). Any ideas? Fingers crossed not a major fix as the tv is only around 3 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_3026.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Have you tried switching off/unplugging at the power socket?

TP Vision / Philips support have emailed me a push update file to rebuild the software but still no joy. Tv will still jam on android loading screen. Really bad service as they are now saying there is nothing they can do, yes it’s 3 years old but it was their software update that put the tv in this state. Very disappointing as it was over £1500. If anyone has any other ideas how to fix i would be very greatful. It’s a 55OLED903

TP Vision / Philips support have emailed me a push update file to rebuild the software but still no joy. Tv will still jam on android loading screen. Really bad service as they are now saying there is nothing they can do, yes it’s 3 years old but it was their software update that put the tv in this state. Very disappointing as it was over £1500. If anyone has any other ideas how to fix i would be very greatful. It’s a 55OLED903
Suppose out of warranty? What file did philips send you? As I think they have few to choose from and we need one which rewrites tv completely.
Its questionable if firmware is at fault or hardware. If firmware update broke it then I would expect more owners to come here with same issue.

Suppose out of warranty? What file did philips send you? As I think they have few to choose from and we need one which rewrites tv completely.
Its questionable if firmware is at fault or hardware. If firmware update broke it then I would expect more owners to come here with same issue.
Unfortunately yes, was purchased with the standard 2 year warranty. They sent me this file.

upgrade_loader_TPM171E_R.107.001.143.000​

I think it rebuilds the software. Any further advise is so appreciated I’m totally gutted I loved this tv 😩

Did you follow the procedure?

Quote "
Some USB Drive somehow are not detected by the TV for this SW update. Please try a number of different USB Drive brand/model if you have issue

1. Format the USB Drive with the following settings:
File system=FAT32
Allocation unit size = 64 kilobyte
2. Copy the files (including upgrade_loader.pkg) into the root directory of the USB Drive

Force upgrade procedure​

1. Turn the TV On
2. Plug in the USB key (preferrably USB1 port)
3. AC TV off (cut the power from TV)
4. AC TV On (turn power back on to the TV)
5. Software update should begin (Front LED will eventually start to flash)
6. When complete, remove the USB
7. Check the software version on the second page of the CSM menu (123654)
Software version will have the following format:
"TPM153xHE_5.249.y.zzz" example
5.249.y.zzz is the version number "

Exact same issue. I performed all steps indicated here and by Philips support. Anyone found a solution? Help is appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom