55MU7000 coupled with MS650+ Sound issues

SuperCad

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Finally got new setup and I am really pleased with it.

I have connected to it through the one connect box a sky HD box and PS4 pro. The two peripherals are connected by pearl high speed HDMI leads, and the soundbar is connected using an optical lead.

I still need to experiment more, but when watching sky, every now and then the sound 'blips' as if I was connecting a guitar to an amp. Any ideas what is causing this. It also randomly turns off and uses the TV speakers.

I also want to know if there are any good methods for sorting the lip sync out, across multiple inputs?

Any advice greatly welcomed.

Thanks

SKY+ HD Dropout - ensure the SKY box Firmware is up-to-date. Try connecting the Optical Out of the SKY box direct to the Soundbar to eliminate one step in the signal chain and see if you still suffer the Dropout.

'randomly turns off and uses the TV speakers.' - it sounds like you may have CEC and ARC enabled. CEC can cause all sorts of interoperability clashes and is often best disabled and use Optical for the TV audio back to your Sound system.

Lip Sync - where a global delay is not working for all Source devices you will want to combine global delay (in the Soundbar) with the delay capabilities of the individual Source devices.

Joe

Hi All,

Finally got new setup and I am really pleased with it.

I have connected to it through the one connect box a sky HD box and PS4 pro. The two peripherals are connected by pearl high speed HDMI leads, and the soundbar is connected using an optical lead.

I still need to experiment more, but when watching sky, every now and then the sound 'blips' as if I was connecting a guitar to an amp. Any ideas what is causing this. It also randomly turns off and uses the TV speakers.

I also want to know if there are any good methods for sorting the lip sync out, across multiple inputs?

Any advice greatly welcomed.

Thanks
Hi There,
I would be interested to know if you got this sound issue sorted as this is the exact TV/Soundbar combo I am looking at getting. I have just bought the ms-650 and am now on the hunt for a TV..
How do you rate the MU7000?

Thanks
Stephen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom