55JZ1500 or LG 55 G2?

gubar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm curious as to what you would pick, if you had the choice between only these 2 TVs, and why? I understand one is a newer model and there's a big price difference. But setting those 2 things aside and going for just the best image and general use TV - which would you pick?

Thanks,

G

Do you game a lot? I was struggling with this decision recently and finally decided to go with the the jz1500, I however based my decision on the fact that while I do game on the pc its only about 30% these days so the other 70% is films/tv shows.

If you game a lot or plan too then the only option is the g2 in my eyes, it supports 1440p native (for xbox/pc), works with 120hz dolby vision(for xbox/pc), vrr 120 is working on consoles, lower input lag, these are all things the panasonic lacks atm.

For movies/tv the jz1500 is highly regarded it seems so that's what I chose in the end, my previous tv was a sony so I wanted something as colour accurate as that without having to calibrate it.

If just for general use I really don't think the lg g2 is worth the extra £1100 more.

Hi, thanks for your thoughts dan8204. I game a bit, though I think the JZ1500 is more than enough for that. I've just had to swap out a JZ1500, since it had a problem. I've not had a chance to watch the latest one yet, but from what I've read I was suffering from a wide spread issue on these panels (flickering on HDR content). In the meantime, I'd been selected for The Insider's campaign, where I could get a great price on the G2 (though no guarantee, non-refundable). If this JZ1500 doesn't have any issues, I'll be more than happy to keep it, since it's great apart from the obvious issue. But I was weighing up my options, should I have another faulty panel - I wouldn't try a 3rd time, I'd want to return it for refund.

Hi, thanks for your thoughts dan8204. I game a bit, though I think the JZ1500 is more than enough for that. I've just had to swap out a JZ1500, since it had a problem. I've not had a chance to watch the latest one yet, but from what I've read I was suffering from a wide spread issue on these panels (flickering on HDR content). In the meantime, I'd been selected for The Insider's campaign, where I could get a great price on the G2 (though no guarantee, non-refundable). If this JZ1500 doesn't have any issues, I'll be more than happy to keep it, since it's great apart from the obvious issue. But I was weighing up my options, should I have another faulty panel - I wouldn't try a 3rd time, I'd want to return it for refund.
Is it only the flickering you are having atm? Mine is due on saturday and am curious as have been reading a fair amount of problems with the sound drop outs too, do you experience that?

Just the flickering for me - it's happening on the new one too, just checked over lunch :(

For sounds, I only use TV or stereo out via optical or analogue, so haven't used the type of system where people are reporting errors.

Just the flickering for me - it's happening on the new one too, just checked over lunch :(

For sounds, I only use TV or stereo out via optical or analogue, so haven't used the type of system where people are reporting errors.
How depressing, if that was the case and you are now on your 3rd tv then I would either go with a g2 or wait and see the lz1500 prices tbh, if dolby vision/colour accuracy is not a concern then a samsung s95b could be another option, seems to be plenty of great oleds about at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom