55EX710 Vs LE55C650 Vs UE55C6500 Vs 55LE8500

Torm23

Standard Member
Hello guys

I've been trying to make up my mind with regards to the new tele I want to get, and honestly I'm really confused. I would appreciate your views on the following models that I have found to be within my budget:

Sony 55EX710
Samsung LE55C650
Samsung UE55C6500
LG 55LE8500

The tele will be used mostly for Xbox 360 gaming and for movies playback through my media player PC. I may watch football from time to time or SD material, but not too often.

It is obvious that lag is quite important for me (due to my gaming habits) and I know that plasma's are better than LCD's when it comes to lag, however, I am not very confident that all persons in the house will treat a plasma the way it should be treated. So LCD is a better choice for me.

I am also a bit confused about LED LCDs. From what I've read so far, I am not really convinced that there is much point in getting a LED TV - apart from the slim design. LED's actually seem to struggle with more picture quality problems than cctv LCD's.

So let me now what you think!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom