55a2000 component video wavy lines

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by daveythesurfer, Jan 21, 2008.

1. daveythesurfer

daveythesurfer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was registered on the site before as bodeiseifer but forgot my password.
    My issue is this: wavy horizontal lines only when using a component video connection. RGB, HDMI, SVHS, composite video are fine.
    Problem occurs on ps2, wii, dvd so issue would appear to be on the set.
    The aforementioned wavy lines/noise are very faint and are only noticeable on a plain blue backround and in dark areas.
    I have had the set looked out, and they replaced the light box but the set has been returned with this issue being cited as "normal".
    Does anyone with this set experience this minor issue?
    Just seems peculiar it would appear on a dvd only when using component, composite is fine.
    At xmas i also treated myself to the new sony amp which upscales all incoming component sources to 1080p output through a single hdmi cable and the issue is still there.
    Must add im relieved my set came back with a new green blob issue!

2. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    Are you using a good quality cable? Have you tried other cables? Is the cable running near a mains cable or an extension lead?

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,046
    Is the quality you get using component really that much better than what you get using RGB SCART anyway? The scaling and deinterlacing in that TV is pretty good: potentially good enough that you don't need to feed it progressive-scan or pre-up-scaled input. And if the input is interlaced then RGB SCART might look just as good.

4. daveythesurfer

daveythesurfer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive seperated all the mains cable away from any av leads, bought the highest quality thx leads, a mains conditioner and still have the problem.
    Its not a major problem and thankfully doesnt affect hdmi.
    Cant quite remember if the previous 55a2000 i had with green blob had the same minor problem.
    I will just make do. Just interested in other peoples experiences with this set and component video.
    I would use scart rgb but the upscaler in the newSTR-DA3300ES amp is far superior to the admittely good upscaler in the tv.
    Thanks for the feedback guys.