• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

55A2000 / 55A20511 same TV?

chris1000

Hi All,

There seems to be a couple of model numbers doing the rounds for Sony's new 55" SXRD rear projection TV.

The official model number on Sony's UK site is 55A2000.

However, an increasing number of retailers seem to be offering model number 55A20511, including John Lewis and Empire Direct.

Any thoughts of comments about why there are two different models on sale?

Regards

spoonjaffa

Which makes the Comet deal odd as some people are getting the stand with it even though the model stated is SONY KDS-55A2000 and not SONY KDS-55A20S11

jon_c0

Which makes the Comet deal odd as some people are getting the stand with it even though the model stated is SONY KDS-55A2000 and not SONY KDS-55A20S11

Is there anyone that's had their set from Comet that hasn't had the stand too? I don't think so, although I might have missed it...

In the end, the different model numbers don't necessarily help much. A similar situation existed with the older KDF 3LCD 50" sets, where a "TNS" suffix indicated a version with the stand. Did suppliers use this when listing the product? Hardly ever... I suppose if you do see SONY KDS-55A20S11 you at least know it includes the stand, but if you don't see it then it's worth checking...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom