55 U8qf HDMI Enhanced mode showing 'on' but not recognised by device

ThrashMetal85

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple of issues but managed to resolve most but this one is an annoying software bug with either TV or chromecast - not sure which.

I have set enhanced mode on for hdmi but when chromecast idles or is woken from sleep it switches back to 1080p 60hz. If I manually change the output of chromecast to 4k60hz it tells me dolby vision will be disabled almost like it is not seeing the TV is in enhanced hdmi mode.

If I toggle it to standard then back to enhanced again and change video output on chromecast its then able to output 4k60hz with dolby vision again.
Anyone experienced that with other devices? Is it the chromecast or TV?

I have the same problem with the Xbox series X that I connected to the U8qf. I still have no solution to this problem and Hisense support is not responding.

Hisense support contacted me this morning. They want to send me a firmware update by mail that will fix the error. I will report if it works as soon as I have it.

For everyone who have the same problem :
I installed the update from the support. I removed the arc Hdmi connection to my onkyo av Reciever and connected it with toslink.

Now it works fine

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom