Question 55" TV with 1080p and 3 sided Ambilight or 2160p with no Ambilight

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by skgnome, Mar 30, 2016.

1. skgnome

skgnome
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to decide between the Philips 55PFT6550 and the Philips 55PUT6400.

The PFT is 1080p but with 3 sided Ambilight, and the PUT is 2160p without Ambilight.

I don't know much about TV's and would appreciate advice on which of these two you think I should get and why. I will be mostly watching movies and series on it, occasionally playing games on it from my PC.

Thank you. :)

2. 200p

200p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I'd get the "4K" res 55PUT6400 out of these two (even though trustedreviews gave it 3.5 stars, whereas they gave the other 4 stars - though they probably reviewed them at different times). Surely for mostly movies and TV series (which are heading to "4K"), and the fact that it seems to include "micro dimming" (which should better show even 1080 line content). It doesn't support HDR though - and a lot of the talk about the new UHD Blu-ray is about HDR. Though the 50PFT6550 supports 3D but the other doesn't. So if you want 3D and UHD I'd probably go for a different set.