Question 55" TV for £750 budget

krisbhoy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thought I'd ask a question that has been asked 1 million times on here but here goes anyway.

Me and the Mrs are currently in process of starting to renovate our livingroom, all walls, floor, couch, furniture etc so naturally I said we should get a new TV.

I currently have a Samsung 50" plasma, it's is quite old and has a wicked big edge around it but it's never gave me any problems.

I measured the TV and including the edge, it measures 56", therefore I was thinking I could get a 55" tv and it won't look physically bigger, but I'll have a bigger viewing screen.

So my question is what is a good buy for a budget of £750? I mainly just watch Sky HD, Netflix etc, occasionally put on the PlayStation but TBH it is few and far between. Just looking to upgrade to something with a better quality of picture.

P.s I mainly watch films, football and documentarys if that makes much of a difference.

Cheers all and thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    668.1 KB · Views: 31
Which model is it? Many people prefer pq of even older plasma's to latest lcd's. That said you could try a Sony 55" w805 which is 1080p but supposed to be v.good. Panasonic CX680 also supposed to be excellent and is 4k. Whats your viewing distance and what res is the plasma?

Unsure of model, can check when I'm home. Viewing distance is about 2-3m.

I've seen what I think is a great deal on a to, not heard much about the manufacturer but it's a 58" Hisense 4K tv for £549 on AO website, also can get £30 off if you use a discount code I've found.

Here is the link to the tv. Your thought on it would be appreciated.

Hisense HE58KEC730UWTSD 58

I am really after a much slimmer tv as I've previously said that my current one has a big border around so including that measures 56".

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom