Question 55" TV, Blu-ray player and Soundbar for £1000

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Crunx, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Crunx

Crunx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Dad is currently after a new 55" TV for his lounge. He also requires a blu-ray player and soundbar.

If possible, he would prefer it if all these systems can be linked to power on/off at the same time with one remote.

He will be mainly using his TV for Sky HD, Freeview HD and Blu-ray films.

Can anyone recommend a good setup for around £1000?

Cheers,

Chris

2. Ossie77

Ossie77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Maybe the Sony 55" W8 or Samsung 55" H6400? Both are considered best 1080p LCD's and I think are around £700. Make sure sound bar has HDMI Arc which will allow the two separate devices to be controlled from one remote. Then choose cheapest blu ray player from chosen brand. Doesn't need to be smart as that will be covered by TV. I would look at 200-300w sound bars. If it was me I would get the Sony as I prefer the design! Build quality is also better and I have heard PQ is better too. Advise buying from Richer Sounds or John Lewis for free 5 year guarantee;

Buy Sony Bravia KDL55W80 LED HD 1080p 3D Android TV, 55" with Freeview HD, Youview & Built-In Wi-Fi | John Lewis

Buy Sony HT-CT380/1 Bluetooth NFC Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer | John Lewis