55" TV 4K Help Options Choice

SirAlvaro

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was looking the guide of TV recommentions, also read many threads of other users with this choice and with another options i had, i've made a list with some options.

I'm going to use the TV mainly watch sports content in 4k as football or f1 and also watching films on Netflix, Disney, Prime... In addition, in October i'm going to buy the new Switch and my idea is using it mainly with the TV so i think the TV should be has a good upscaling because the Switch input is 1080p. I usually watch TV from the front so i think viewing angles are not very important for me. I have a Changhong 32" 1080p, so the purchase is justifiedt i think.

My budget is 500 - 600€ (im from Spain) but i know that in some cases it worths to pay a bit more if the increase of quality is remarkable, but my initial idea are to spend those 500-600€, so this is my list (sorry for my english xD):

Of course i'm opened for other options out of this list.

Thanks!

ModelEstimated cost
Sony XH9765€
Hisense U8Q760€
LG 55Nano86 / 55Nano85680€
TCL C725650€
Sony XH8600€
TCL C715580€
Hisense U7Q520€
Philips 7805500€
Samsung TU71470€

For sport, the Sony XH90, for films with HDR, the Hisense U8Q will be better. Make sure for both TVs you intend to view directly in front, and not at an angle.

For sport, the Sony XH90, for films with HDR, the Hisense U8Q will be better. Make sure for both TVs you intend to view directly in front, and not at an angle.
Thanks for the reply!
The most part of the time i'm gonna watch it in front but there are two sofas that the viewing angle is small i think, may be max 30°, i don't know if it is a problem with those tv.
And what about the TVs with lower prices of the list, the downgrade compared with the top 2 is big? If you want you can add any good option out of the list between those prices.

Viewing angles are not a strong point, but as long as you're not critical of the picture quality at wide angles it should be okay. You'll want to view directly in front yourself, but others may not care/notice the loss at an angle.

You get about 30 degrees to play with from the centre of the TV (60 degree cone) before the picture will start to look washed out and darker.

I wouldn't even consider the other TVs on your list unless you explicitly want to avoid using HDR content. There's no value in cheaper models today.

Viewing angles are not a strong point, but as long as you're not critical of the picture quality at wide angles it should be okay. You'll want to view directly in front yourself, but others may not care/notice the loss at an angle.

You get about 30 degrees to play with from the centre of the TV (60 degree cone) before the picture will start to look washed out and darker.

I wouldn't even consider the other TVs on your list unless you explicitly want to avoid using HDR content. There's no value in cheaper models today.
Then now the thing is between U8Q and XH90 (if you think i've to consider another option out of this list pls tell me) , i've read others threads and reviews with this same choice and maybe the only bad point i see on the U8Q is the motion blur problem, but in a spanish review the guy proves that adjusting two settings to 2 and 0 this problem is significantly reduced, and apart from this the better HDR gives a great improvment respect to the Sony.

Also i have to say that i havent got any external bar sound or something like that, so i also appreciate if the tv has a decent sound, i dont know how is it on those two.

And the last point is the upscaling to play switch (1080p) on those 4k panels, is there any problems with this or one will do it better than the other?

The Hisense has better sound, it has a soundbar built into the TV, whereas the Sony has the usual crappy integrated speakers.

Areas the Hisense is better: HDR, Sound
Areas the Sony is better: Motion, Smart TV

Upscaling may be a little better on the Sony, but its not a Sony model that has a dedicated picture processor like the XH9505, so it won't be a big difference between Sony and Hisense here.

1080p is exactly 4 times smaller than 2160p (4k) so upscaling of 1080p is very good on all TVs, and indistinguishable. You only need to worry more about upscaling if you are using lower quality content.

The Hisense has better sound, it has a soundbar built into the TV, whereas the Sony has the usual crappy integrated speakers.

Areas the Hisense is better: HDR, Sound
Areas the Sony is better: Motion, Smart TV

Upscaling may be a little better on the Sony, but its not a Sony model that has a dedicated picture processor like the XH9505, so it won't be a big difference between Sony and Hisense here.

1080p is exactly 4 times smaller than 2160p (4k) so upscaling of 1080p is very good on all TVs, and indistinguishable. You only need to worry more about upscaling if you are using lower quality content.
Then i think i go with the U8Q, maybe the only problem i see is that its app store hasnt got the catalogue that android has and also the motion thing but i expect that not going to notice it very much.

For be completly sure, if you would have this budget of 700-800€ maximum then you will go for the U8Q as well?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom