- Exceptional HD
- Sky HD source \ Freeview
- Light PS3 Gaming

Not important
- 3D
- Sound quality
- smart TV

Budget is up to 1500.

Having looked around, I am leaning toward the Samsungs as I like the slim bezel look of these, though I've also viewed a friends Sony (KDL-46NX713) which has a really good HD picture. So open to alternatives.

But right now, I am really confused as to the differences between the various 55" Samsung models. Can anyone explain?

- Samsung UE55ES6540
- Samsung UE55F6800
- Samsung UE55F6500
- Samsung UE55F6740

Any clarification welcome, as are recommendation's of non - Samsung TV's.

Thanks
nmp

Last edited:

tywyn

Standard Member
I'm looking for a similar 55" with almost the same requirements as you and have come to the conclusion that the Panasonic TX-P55ST60B Panasonic TX-P55ST60B 55 Inch Smart 3D Plasma TV at Appliances Direct is probably what I'm going to buy.

The only thing that concerns me is the input lag at about 48ms, but they have changed the way that input lag is measured. Last years version initially had a input lag of 16ms with no complaints, then they decide to change the way it's measured and suddenly it's not so good for gaming any more, despite not looking any different with either measurement!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom