55" Samsung Q60A v 55" Hisense U8GQ (UK) v 55" U8QF

AfroMau5

I've got a Samsung 55" Q60A on order that I got for £450 from Samsung but I've been looking at other deals as Black Friday is upon us and have seen the Hisense 55U8GQTUK for £550 or last years Hisense U8QF for £550 but only get 2 years warranty (the other 2 have 5 year warranty)

Looking at the reviews for the U8G I got excited and was about to hit the order button and cancel the Samsung but then I realized that the review are for the US version and that the UK version is lesser spec'd so I come looking for a bit of advice.

Is the U8GQ worth the £100 extra over the Samsung?
Is last years U8QF better than U8QF even with 3 years less warranty?

I'm not a gamer and not a massive movie buff either, but do watch Netflix. Living room isn't hugely bright and TV is mainly watched in the evening with just the lamps on.

BBA12

U8QF is without a doubt the best option. Q60A is a decent entry level SDR TV. U8G is fine for day-time HDR, but it's terrible in darker environments or content with a lot of dark. U8QF offers the best local dimming and highest brightness.

terminator6912

I would go with the U8QF to, this years model is a downgrade. IPS panel and lower peak brightness on this years model. Where did you see the U8QF for £550, i have seen this years model at costco for £550.

Someboody

I've got a Samsung 55" Q60A on order that I got for £450 from Samsung but I've been looking at other deals as Black Friday is upon us and have seen the Hisense 55U8GQTUK for £550 or last years Hisense U8QF for £550 but only get 2 years warranty (the other 2 have 5 year warranty)

Looking at the reviews for the U8G I got excited and was about to hit the order button and cancel the Samsung but then I realized that the review are for the US version and that the UK version is lesser spec'd so I come looking for a bit of advice.

Is the U8GQ worth the £100 extra over the Samsung?
Is last years U8QF better than U8QF even with 3 years less warranty?

I'm not a gamer and not a massive movie buff either, but do watch Netflix. Living room isn't hugely bright and TV is mainly watched in the evening with just the lamps on.
Glad I stumbled on this thread. Been researching on the Samsung Q60A this morning and was looking at getting the 43" version, cheapest I could find was £444. Would you mind sharing where you managed to find the 50" version at £450? Might as well get that if its only £6 more. Thanks!

AfroMau5

Glad I stumbled on this thread. Been researching on the Samsung Q60A this morning and was looking at getting the 43" version, cheapest I could find was £444. Would you mind sharing where you managed to find the 50" version at £450? Might as well get that if its only £6 more. Thanks!
It was an offer via the student portal but no longer available unfortunately.

AfroMau5

I would go with the U8QF to, this years model is a downgrade. IPS panel and lower peak brightness on this years model. Where did you see the U8QF for £550, i have seen this years model at costco for £550.
Thanks, its from a shop local to me at that price rather than online

AfroMau5

U8QF is without a doubt the best option. Q60A is a decent entry level SDR TV. U8G is fine for day-time HDR, but it's terrible in darker environments or content with a lot of dark. U8QF offers the best local dimming and highest brightness.
thanks for the opinion, ceratnily seem to edgingtowards the U8QF, just which the warranty was a bit longer, but probably not a deal breaker

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom