55" OLED or 65" LED?

hkrdan

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at the max I can afford would get me a good 65" LED (eg Sony XH9505) or a better 55" OLED (eg Sony A8). Viewing from around 3.5m and definitely looking at good HDR performance. I know at that distance 65 is going to be better, but concurrently, going 55 would get me an OLED - what do you guys think is the better option? Thanks in advance :)

If you watch films I would go oled I watched Black Panther and could still see some blooming even with the lights on. on this which was a real torture test for an LED tv. and was in Dolby vision dark setting. XH95 65 inch

Upvote 0
My own personal opinion is its better to get a 65" LCD TV like the XH9505 than it is to get a 55" OLED, and that is especially true when you view so far from the TV.

Yes there's drawbacks, but its a compromise worth making until the pricing of larger OLEDs comes down.

Upvote 0
Personally, I would go for a 65" at that viewing distance.

If you're keen on OLED, then another option would be to avoid the Sony price premium and go for a 65" OLED from a different manufacturer. An extra £100 over the Sony LCD gets you a 65" Philips 705 OLED and £200 extra gets you a 65" LG BX. The likes of the LG CX and Panasonic HX1000 may drop further, although it's only a matter of time now before stocks of the 2020 OLEDs start running out.

Upvote 0
Defo go for the 65” - XH9505 is a very good tv, OLED has it advantages but given the choice I would go for larger LCD.

Upvote 0
I am now getting the CX 55 so will be posting my views on youtube as to what I like more.
this if they have not run out of stock but don't think they would have.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom