1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

55 inch

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Lone Granger, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Lone Granger

Lone Granger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Which of following would give best performance, particularly for HD:

Fuji - DVi Jan 05
    Hitachi - currently with DVi

Fuji would have me believe theirs is set up best, however Hitach has received rave reviews

I have viewed Fuji on HD and have no complaints - also reasonable value at c £5k (Hitach cheaper still)

Saw Pio 61" as was NEC, with HD - stunning, as it was last year as NEC - what have Pio done to change NEC and how has price changed?

£12k is a stumbling block...... - Now if Pio had a 55" at £4k, life would be a bit more exciting..!

Having seen good HD on an out the box Fuji, I think the time to buy is imminent as a better picture at that size would be hard to discern.

Whereas, it is worth waiting on the projector front as a pixel matching Blue Laser projector is just around the corner (c 2000 x 1000?)

Saw Sony's demo of Blue Laser - terrible! - Said as much to their techy and he replied -'bad cables, crap projector......' - then why use rubbish to show off blue laser?>???!!

Found Hitachi chaps v helpful - even invited me down to H.O. to test out my source H/W with their 55" cinema set up for a few hours!

Mmmmm - HD on a 60" + ...................surreal!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    So are you looking to buy? Ireconmend you look at DEMO the OPtoma 65" DLP RPTV and the Sharp 45" LCD