55 B7V quick start

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by davee b, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi all
    I notice you can disable quickstart in the menu. I'm not entirely sure what quickstart actually does, the quick description box just says it puts the tv into standby. Can i assume that disabling quickstart means the tv powers down fully when you press the power button. This would presumably mean the 4 hourly interval compensation cycles that run when the tv is in standby would no longer work ?
    I'm struggling te see why you would want to disable this feature.

2. drdocmatt

drdocmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    No the timed compensation run would happen anyway. It's about shutting down the operating system Vs leaving it running. If you disable quick start you have to wait for the os to boot when you turn it on from an extended sleep. You would disable this is you want to save a bit of power or if you don't like the thought of the us military listening to its built in mic when you are NOT watching TV...

3. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ah OK, that makes sense and many thanks for that. The military won't get much sense from our house though !