55-70" LED Recommendation

Arkanian

Standard Member
I currently have a 42" Panasonic Plasma that I have had for 6 years but I want something bigger.

I am trying to find a 55-70" LED for $2500 or less. I don't care about 3D so I am trying to find the best possible picture for my budget.

Which ones do you recommend?

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Id stick with plasma and go for the Panasonic VT30 or Samsung D8000. With sets like this theres no reason to change to LED LCD IMO. If you do want a change Id look at the Sony HX923 but have a decent demo before buying as LCD has a different look to it.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member

By all means take a look at the above, Id not buy an edge lit LED over the plasmas I mention, not for that money. Plasmas have better motion, better black level performance, better contrast, no viewing angle restrictions, no light uniformity issues, no back light bleed, lower lag for gaming and a more natural Image. Full array LED back lit sets are very impressive, better than edge lit, I still prefer plasma though.

Theres a link in my sig that will take you to the review section, best reviews there is with a lot of detail including actual performance test results and advice.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom