55 - 65Inch TV

Larry2345

Novice Member
Looking to purchase a new TV and would just like some advice and guidance on the best options at the moment.

Size 55inch - 65Inch
Budget - £600 - £800

My Viewing
Netflix
Apps - I Player Etc
Sky Sports
Gaming PS4

We watch a lot of films as a family so also looking at a Soundbar if anyone has good recommendation on this as well budget £200

pastrybloke19

Looking to purchase a new TV and would just like some advice and guidance on the best options at the moment.

Size 55inch - 65Inch
Budget - £600 - £800

My Viewing
Netflix
Apps - I Player Etc
Sky Sports
Gaming PS4

We watch a lot of films as a family so also looking at a Soundbar if anyone has good recommendation on this as well budget £200
That is a low budget for a 55”, and way low for a 65”.

You can of course buy TVs for very little, but they will be poor quality and will give you issues. HDR is the big one, cheap tv will say it will do HDR but it will be pants, in short.

Worth reading up on this guide:

If you are viewing head on (ie narrow angle), then a LCD with a VA panel is best: if you need wide angles than a IPS panel is needed but has limitations. OLED is probably out of budget, unless you got a refurb and that is risky.

I would always recommend going bigger; if you can fit a 65” and figure it will look right, go for it; although budget could be an issue.

At present/near future, 2021 TVs are at/or getting close to the best prices they have been, so good time to grab a deal. If you can narrow down your options, then you can set a few price alerts pounce when prices tumble.

If you can’t increase your budget then I would recommend going cheap: don’t get tempted by an in between tv. I bought a hisense for a friend, cheap and cheerful: he loves it. Low expectation’s though.

Cheers

Larry2345

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply. Like everyone I am just trying to get best but in a decent budget. I could increase the budget but really don’t want to go above 1k.

I was looking at Sony XR55X90J or KE55A8BU just thought I might get better 55inch for the money?.

Dodgexander

The A8 OLED you found is a much better TV than the X90J.

A8 is a 2020 model, at a high discount. X90J a 2021 model, at a low discount. The A8 will be significantly better with HDR and belongs in the pro section of my guide.

I usually suggest going as big as you can, but not at the expense of HDR picture quality. For you it makes much more sense to get a 55".

There are also sometimes refurb deals on TVs that may mean you can get a lot more for your money:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom