55-65” TV for new extension

virginblue4

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I will soon be starting work on an extension and would like some advise on which TV to purchase. I won’t actually be purchasing the TV until around July/August and I realise there will be new models by then, but any advice in the meantime would be appreciated so I can get started on the decision making process.

I’ve attached an approximate 3D mock-up of the extension also with directions. I would like a size of 55-65”.

Ideally I’d love an OLED, however I do have concerns with the amount of natural light and the reflections.

Budget is around £1500 but can go up to around £1700ish if absolutely required.

The TV will be used solely for streaming (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, BBC iPlayer, Prime etc). No gaming. I’m not interest in the user interface as I’ll be hooking it up to an Apple TV 4K. Also not too worried about the sound quality as I plan on purchasing a sound bar of some sort (currently leaning towards Sonos Arc and maybe a sub).

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 4B5253E8-5FB5-47C2-8AAF-49B3A3B4C07D.jpeg
    4B5253E8-5FB5-47C2-8AAF-49B3A3B4C07D.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 38
July or August could be a great time to buy, but it could also be terrible if you're left only to choose from newly released models. At this time of year provided stock hasn't sold out yet you can find great deals on outgoing models from the year before. Problem is however, sometimes those models sell out before July or August, which will leave you only with overpriced 2022 models to choose from.

Frankly that would be a disaster for your purchase, since you effectively cut your budget by about 40% buying a new release this time of year.

As for recommendations, some OLEDs actually cope well with reflections. In some cases better than brighter LCD TVs.

However if anti glare and not controlling the light in the room is very important to you, consider going for an LCD TV in the guide like Samsung's QN91A and above:

Thank you for your response.

There’s been a change of plan in the timeframe of building the extension and it now won’t be completed until around November, so I assume I would be best to wait for the 2022 TV’s instead. Will they be at a reasonable price by this point?

Black Friday each year is usually the first time to consider buying a new model each year. Before then TVs are really expensive usually. The absolute best time tends to be in spring each year, when last year's models go in clearance in prep for new models.

So it's not bad timing, there can be some really good Black Friday deals sometimes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom