• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

55"-58" for £800-£1100

Paulando

Established Member
I've just upgraded to a new 4K-enabled amp, and after buying WipEout Omega I fancy upgrading my TV as well :smashin:

However, it seems the only real options at the moment are a 'good' 4K TV with so-so HDR performance (e.g. Panasonic TX58DX750 for £800), or a 'very good' 4K TV with great HDR performance, but for a lot more money (e.g. TX58DX902 for £1300). @Dodgexander's HDR post on here was very useful for me!

The most important thing to me is a good value TV. Great performance, great price. It seems I've just missed the boat on the KS7000, as that would have been perfect. Bang for buck has always been high on my list of priorities, and I'm willing to wait it out.

Is there anything from 2017 that's comparable to the KS7000 series that we're likely to see discounted at the end of this year or beginning of next year? Can anyone see the DX902 being discounted further?

Though as much as I'm fine to wait it out, I am tempted to go for the DX750 and then upgrade in a few years when 4K and HDR content is more common - I think only my PS4 supports it at the moment, so I don't have much content anyway. I'm sure by then OLED will be even more affordable too.

Are there any other TVs I should keep my eye on or should I just bite the bullet on the DX750?

Paulando

Established Member
OK, I've gone for a TX-58DX902 from the Panasonic refurb store for £999 :) Has a full warranty from Panasonic, new accessories and gets reboxed. Also has a 30 day return period, and the fulfilment centre is only 3 miles away from me, so I can't lose really.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom