55" £400 budget. What do I get??

Q7FN is an edge lit TV, not comparable. Its worth viewing the DX902 to see how bad its banding is, since its close.

OK, so what would you say is livable with? And does it get worse?

It's a 65", how much bigger than 55s that?

It usually doesn't change, but can. As long as you are careful in transport and keep the TV stood up, not on its front or back. You could always ask the seller if he noticed it got worse, or has always been that way.

65" is 10" larger but diagonally. You could obtain the dimensions of a 55" and 65" TV to compare and make a cut out from cardboard, or a template using tape. Just make sure to get the width and height measurements.
This may also give you a sense of scale: Will the TV fit on your wall?

It usually doesn't change, but can. As long as you are careful in transport and keep the TV stood up, not on its front or back. You could always ask the seller if he noticed it got worse, or has always been that way.

65" is 10" larger but diagonally. You could obtain the dimensions of a 55" and 65" TV to compare and make a cut out from cardboard, or a template using tape. Just make sure to get the width and height measurements.
This may also give you a sense of scale: Will the TV fit on your wall?

Great thank you. I'll keep you updated how I get on lol

Q85R may not as be as good as the Q9FN or DX902 but its a lot younger, so may be worth it for that alone. Q6F isn't very good.

More limited HDR support, doesn't do HLG HDR from internal apps and only supports HDR10, not HDR10+. Smart TV is a downside due to being out of date and slow.

Not sure which model the Sony is. Its not a valid model number. The model number should be something like 55XDxxxx. If its the 55XD9305 its the model a year older than the 55XE9305 you mentioned already earlier, and an inferior TV. Worse even than the Sony 55XF9005.

Always go bigger, but a lot in your situation will probably count on the condition of each TV. My priority in your situation would be on the Q85R and then take it from there. If you can fit a 65" then its worth going for the DX902 too.

Just too many options though with all these models and then also considering different sizes.

Yeah so it's a 55" Q85

Or both sizes of the DX902.. the issue being with the travelling I can't see all 3 of them.

Plenty of room. This is my current.. about 14 feet away and a 46"

Attachments

• received_337220780692374.jpeg
    received_337220780692374.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 20
Good morning,

Going to view the 65" dx902 today. (Socially distanced etc)

Can you please recommend what tests to complete and what footage to use etc and what I should look out for and what I should walk away from?

Thanks

Thought I'd just give you an update... Early hours of this morning, someone local listed a Q9FN 55" with HW-N850 soundbar & sub and Panasonic DMP-UB900 blu ray player.
Bit his arm off at the price of £1100 for the lot!! Went to see it all working and it's immaculate and under 5 years extended warranty with JL. He also threw in 5/6 4K dvds! I guess good things come to those who wait lol!

Thanks again for all your help! You've been amazing!

Wasn’t your budget £400? :eek:

Can you please recommend what tests to complete and what footage to use etc and what I should look out for and what I should walk away from?
Take the grey/black uniformity slides on a USB I linked above:

Watch some sample material that exposes DSE like a grass sport or snooker.
What some dark scenes that test the uniformity and local dimming.

I don't think there's a collection of samples, so you'd have to just download and take what you can, or watch them on Youtube perhaps. Here's a gray one:

Thanks! I spent a small fortune today.

Although the screen now seems to have an issue which I didn't notice when I viewed it to buy it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom