55” options please

damo1980

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Need a new 55” for the master bedroom which has been revamped in a new house purchase. It will be on the wall across the room (but not opposite) a dormer window. We use Sky Q for all normal streaming platforms to watch films, tv and sports.

We have a 2015 UE55JU6400KXXU from Samsung in the lounge and it has been truly excellent across two homes. I realise that technology has moved on leaps and bounds since - and as I cannot find another of these anywhere - I’m looking for recommendations on a similar set to go in the bedroom.

Budget ideally around £650 but would push to £750 if required. So much info out there on OLED v QLED v Nano v….. I just need a little help! Mrs likes the Frame - I’m not so sure. Ideally from a Main brand.

Purchase this weekend.

Thanks

Unfortunately £750 really is the top end - it’s for the bedroom after all!

Its LCD TV or OLED.
LED, QLED etc are just means to light a LCD TV.

Samsung Q80A is the obvious option provided you don't need wide viewing angles. Beware that this TV doesn't quite make the mark to be 'True HDR' so you may want to consider spending a more to get an entry level OLED or higher end LCD TV to avoid problems with the picture when streaming modern day content that includes HDR data.

Its LCD TV or OLED.
LED, QLED etc are just means to light a LCD TV.

Samsung Q80A is the obvious option provided you don't need wide viewing angles. Beware that this TV doesn't quite make the mark to be 'True HDR' so you may want to consider spending a more to get an entry level OLED or higher end LCD TV to avoid problems with the picture when streaming modern day content that includes HDR data.
Think I am lining up for the LG OLED55A1 from Costco - £739 today. Whilst not quite the brightness and punch of the C1, pretty sure it will be a good set with SKYQ and Firestick in Bedroom.

Viewing will be 4.5 meters away but this is the maximum size that can fit in the space. Will certainly be a step up from the LG 42LB5500 we currently have.

Any down sides at this price and size?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom