55” LG CX or Samsung Q8DT

mrayray09

Novice Member
Looking to upgrade my 7 yo LG plasma. Most likely will buy from Costco. My question is do you think the Lg CX ($1350) is worth the extra money over the Samsung Q8DT ($1050)?

I don’t game, it’s mostly streaming Netflix and what not. I do watch a lot of college football. I don’t have 4K services. I think the LG would be the better long term deal, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. My only concern is glare, I do have a little right now on my plasma. I’m leaning towards the Samsung, not sure if for me the LG is worth the extra 30% bring I don’t watch too much tv. First time really going quality over price, so any input is greatly appreciated.

Dodgexander

Depends if you will value things the OLED brings compared to an LCD TV, better performance in darker conditions, no motion blur, better viewing angles.

If you prefer the sound of having better performance during the day then you should go for the Samsung.

There's also other TVs like the Sony X950H, Vizio P Series, Vizio P Series X, Hisense H9G and TCL R635 which should all be more than good enough for bright conditions. Samsung also do the Q90T if you want even better local dimming and HDR performance than the Q80T.

In terms of sheer performance the Samsung Q90T, Sony X950H and Vizio P series X are up there with the best whilst the others including the Q80T are a little poorer with HDR material due to worse local dimming and brightness.

If you want the best motion for football I'd go for the Sony, also has Dolby Vision HDR support which will work well for Netflix :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom